Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How can I enroll?
A. In order to enroll at Regent, we need four pieces of required documentation: Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, ID card of student (and parent if student under 18), and Proof of Residency (either a utility bill, signed lease, rental agreement, monthly mortgage statement, rent receipt, monthly bank statement, or voter registration card). If the person enrolling is a minor, and someone other than the parent has custody/guardianship, we need that legal documentation as well. 

Q. What are your hours?
A. First session is from 7:30 to 12:00 and second session is from 11:30 to 4:00.

Q. Do you give out bus passes?
A. As long as there are no behavior problems that day, your academic goal for the day is met, and you stay your entire session (or make up missed time by staying late), you will be granted a bus pass.

Q. Is school in session all year round?
A. Students are off during the month of July for summer break.  We also have winter break and spring break.

Q. What's the age requirement for enrollment?
A. 15 to 21

Q. Will I get a GED?
A. You will receive a high school diploma.

Q. What's the cost for summer school? 
A. There is no cost, summer school is FREE!

Q. Can I transfer back to my previous school if I want to graduate from that school?
A. Yes.

Q. Can I play sports?
A. We do not offer a sports program, however, depending on your residential district, they may allow you to play as long as you reside in that district.  Your grades with us may play a part on whether or not you can participate. 

Q. Can you help me find a job?
A. We have Vocational and Family Advocate services that will help with resume writing, mock interviewing, and job searches.